F5 BIG-IP Review

You can manipulate the iRules, so you can send traffic to different avenues

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a load balancer.

How has it helped my organization?

We have always used it and never had any issues with it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is being able to manipulate the iRules, so you can send traffic to different avenues.

What needs improvement?

The auto logout feature after three minutes is terrible. I wish they would make that longer, since it is not a feature that we can change.

It contributes to our traffic by about fifty percent. That's why we love it. We have never had any issues.

We put a lot of stress on our F5 on-premise. We have support, which is great. It is a ten out of ten.

We have over 12 applications that we use it for with about 300 servers which are connected up using this load balancer.

We're a big company. We do like the on-premise version. However, we are looking into AWS servers to help us scale for larger avenues as well.

We reached out to the technical support a few times, and they are great. They are a ten out of ten.

The integration and configuration are great. When I need to make changes, I have been fine.

We are currently using the Terraform Infrastructure as Code. Therefore, we are using the F5 provider to create new nodes, pools, and purchase servers, and the integration has been seamless for us.

We are going to the AWS Marketplace because purchasing there is simple to do. We are looking for the ease it provides. We have tried other providers, but it wasn't as good.

We did not evaluate anything else.

What other advice do I have?

Take advantage of it and use it.

We use the on-premise version of this product. We are looking into moving over to the AWS version.