FortiNAC Review

It is a scalable product and the technical support is excellent

What is most valuable?

We are only consultants, so we implement FortiNAC for our customers. The good part about FortiNAC is that it works seamlessly across either public cloud, private cloud, a hybrid one or on premises. So, depending on the client's requirements, I usually suggest that they go for public cloud where they have remote locations, and that they go for an application where they have a large deployment, adequate network and technical staff to support the requests.

The features we generally propose is basically agent-based authentication and the agent case solution product for wireless endpoints, which allow them to do automatic registration, and the third would be the health checks.

What needs improvement?

Something that the developers of FortiNAC might look at to improve, is more integration with third-party products. The dashboard also needs to improve.

I have been using FortiNAC for almost a year now.

FortiNAC is quite a stable solution.

FortiNAC is a highly scalable product. The licenses remain unlimited. It's a subscription-based license, which is based on the usage and number of concurrent users. So the good part is that it can be deployed out of any environment.

The technical support for us has been extremely good and the local support is excellent.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward. The deployment can be done within a day.

What other advice do I have?

The good thing about FortiNAC is that it's more vendor agnostic. And then we have the deployed FortiNAC activate solution, which are different kinds of firewalls, which works perfectly fine.

On a scale from one to 10, my rating for this program will be a nine. Additional features that I would like to see included in the next release of this solution is more integration with third-party products and probably some improvements on the dashboard.

Other