Fortinet FortiClient Review

Easy to setup, good support, and the EMS is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for antivirus, anti-malware, and endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

From FortiClient, the EMS, the central management is easy to use.

The profiles that you can set up centrally as well, are good. We can have different profiles for the main control versus the database server versus an end-user device, which is a good feature.

The VPN all-in-one Endpoint Protection and VPN all-in-one client is a good feature as well.

I think it's pretty good overall, to be honest. In terms of what it does, I am really comfortable with ForitClient.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see endpoint detection and response included.

I have been working with FortiClient for approximately two years.

There are always a couple of bugs in EMS, but if you upgrade to the latest version, they normally fix them.

The EMS console can be a little buggy, but FortiClient is fine.

We contact technical support all of the time, and for other things as well, and they are very good.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It took about one week to deploy.

I have a team of five engineers who work with us to maintain the solution.

The price point again is silver products and that is what I'm trying to work out. So I don't know if that's a bad or a good thing for Forticlient. I don't know where it's priced.

I don't know about the price.

I have not compared it against different products.

What other advice do I have?

I can recommend FortiClient to others who are interested in using it.

I would rate FortiClient an eight out of ten. Nothing ever gets a ten. That would mean that it's perfect and there is no room for improvement. That is never the case with anything in life.

Hybrid Cloud
More Fortinet FortiClient reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with Sophos EPP Suite
Learn what your peers think about Fortinet FortiClient. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.