Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Review

For zero-day attacks, the signature is updated well

What is our primary use case?

It's a very good solution. For vulnerabilities, we use it our hospital besides the Nessus server.

I am using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

• The report that it generates is very good. It helps our security team.
  • The dashboard is very simple. It has an easy to use interface.
  • For zero-day attacks, the signature is updated well.
  • It is easy to connect.

What needs improvement?

I would like better APIs and integration with other products, like Python and SQL.

We need better encryption features for http-ls.

I have worked on Fortinet FortiDB for three years.

It is very stable. We have no problems with the solution.

We did an update last month.

In our hospital, we built a new extension that we needed for scalability. However, we won't scale until the extension is complete.

We use it on laptops, PCs, and iPads. It is on a total of 3,000 to 4,000 devices.

The technical support is very helpful. When we open ticket with them, they call us immediately. Their tickets don't circulate to another team because they solve it. They can follow up with us and provide feedback. This is totally helpful.

There are a lot of implementations in Egypt. They could increase their offices there.

The initial setup is simple. It has very clear text. We used it in our environment immediately after the box came to our hospital. It took one day (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) to set up.

It is not costly.

Unlike other products, it is easy to connect with an easy interface. We have the ISE product from Cisco, and it's very complicated. We suffer from it.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good solution. I love it.

Every day the company is updating and developing its devices.

I would the product as a nine (out of 10).

Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Imperva, IBM and others in Database Security. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.