Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Review

Protects us from malicious emails and scales as we grow

What is our primary use case?

The primary use cases for this solution are for Anti-Spam, email security, and email ATP.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are email ATP and Malware Analysis.

What needs improvement?

The URL filtering, inside the email, for example, when you receive an email, or I can send you a link inside the email copy, email security can detect to see if I am a hacker, a virus or something malicious. It will spoof my email.

When sending or receiving an email, the engine is supposed to scan each link, each file, and the content, to deliver or receive a clear or clean email message.

The URL filtering and handling should be enhanced because it doesn't support all languages. I believe that this would be easy to enhance in the future.

In the next release, I would like to see email encryption, as it is currently it is not in place. Sophos is offering email encryption and if Fortinet enhanced this feature they could compete with Sophos.

Also, Archiving is not currently in place.

I have been using this solution for approximately five years.

This solution is stable.

This is a cloud-based solution with a data center, so if site one goes down then site two will continue, it's always available. All of the vendors are this same in this area.

The scalability is good because this is through the cloud. You can grow as you go, and you can increase the number of point boxes.

As it is a subscribed basis you pay to increase your growth.

This solution is scalable.

There is no installation as it's an integration with the cloud. If I have a customer who wants to integrate with FortiMail, he will ask me for the parameters and he will do that through the cloud.

No one does any installation through FortiMail. I will give the vendor the parameters, ID and some parameters from the email server, he then will input the information on his own and give me permission or access.

No implementation and nothing technical is required.

It's on a subscribed basis.

What other advice do I have?

No one will do the installation or implementation for FortiMail, as it will be done by the vendors. Fortinet will do the installation and the implementation, this is the email security, not the email itself.

If you have an email like Gmail for example, and you want to apply security layers to secure your Gmail mailbox, you would have to contact Fortinet and they would ask you a series of questions and ask for your email parameters and your email server, then they would redirect your mail to Fortinet to evaluate the traffic, then back to your mailbox.

Nothing is done on your side, it's all done through Fortinet.

I am selling this solution from a consultants perspective, I am a reseller.