Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Review

Good advanced threat protection, stable, and easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is the security of email.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the advanced threat protection.

What needs improvement?

This solution is expensive, so the pricing could be improved to be more competitive.

I would like to see more advanced sandbox features, where you can actually download to a machine where you can test.

We have been implementing this solution for about three and a half years.

I am happy with the stability. We haven't had a bug or a crash yet. Normally, it's set and forget, and we don't have to worry about bugs or anything.

It is easy to scale this solution.

We have about sixteen clients using this solution, and the user count is well above one thousand. Some of them are IT managers but the majority are end-users.

We have been in touch with technical support twice, although it was for FortiGate and FortiAnalyzer. We are happy with the support provided by Fortinet.

We use the Cisco security stack as well. The only reasons we use both have to do with scalability and price.

The complexity of the initial setup depends on the implementor's experience. If you know what you're doing then it's easy, but if you don't then I think it's complex.

The first time we implemented this solution we had assistance from our distributor. After that, we started doing it ourselves.

The price of this solution could be more competitive.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone who is implementing this solution is to make sure that it is always kept up to date with the latest in threat protection. That is the most important thing.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.