Fortinet

Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) Review
It provides me with operational oversight on our environment using configured dashboards and reports.

Valuable Features

I’ve used Accelops in multiple different capacities and at several organizations. As far as my current role, I am an operations manager, and it gives me operational oversight. There are things like dashboards and reports (pre-configured and custom) that let me know that things are operating the way they should be, and when they are not. Reports and Alerts help identify security risks, identify performance problems, and help in capacity planning.

Improvements to My Organization

In large-sized medium-sized and a small-sized organizations, it improves the ability to quickly drill down into events that occur, perform analysis, and find root cause. The most value I’ve found in it, quicker time-to-resolution.

Room for Improvement

The biggest thing that could be better is a quicker response to support cases.

We haven't had issues with deployment.

As I keep the system updated it helps to keep the system stable, but it’s been extremely stable and extremely reliable.

I have scaled it out with multiple workers and collectors. It’s scaled in every direction that I would like it to, geographically and from a correlation and reporting capacity standpoint.

I’ve had lots of different engagements with support over the years and generally I’ve had very good support, knowledgeable staff and occasionally you’ll have a weird problem, longer to resolve than some other problems; but generally speaking, the support’s been very good.

I’ve used the product for a long time so I’ve requested quite a few different features. Those features have always been added, and it’s been more or less the time they need depending on what the feature is.

It’s not harder than any other similar product. It’s very easy to set up in the fact that they provide an OVA file that you can quickly and simply download and with a few configuration settings be on the network. There are multiple other deployment options for other hypervisors as well as bare metal deployments. More than anything the troubles come with configuring all of your log sources to send the necessary log messages. That’s true for any product, not just Accelops.

Other Advice

My advice would be to come up with a game plan to figure out exactly what devices or what system to focus on. Then (once you become familiar with reporting, alerting and tuning) integrate more devices/systems into Accelops.

1 visitor found this review helpful
86255033 36e6 4b18 b38c adc70108ab8d avatar?1457122968

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps)?

Our experts can help. 239,537 professionals have used our research on 5,957 solutions.