Fortinet FortiSIEM (AccelOps) Review

Seamless integration with FortiGate, and has an easy setup, but is lacking user behavior analytics

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for integration with FortiGate Firewall. We use it for multiple authentification, malware detection, and protection from DDoS attacks.

What is most valuable?

The seamless integration with FortiGate is the solution's most valuable aspect.

What needs improvement?

When compared with some competitors, in terms of performance, the CPU and RAM requirements and the capability of coordination with development all need some improvement.

The solution should offer user behavior analytics in a future release.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

We don't have any expansion requirements, so I've never looked into scalability.

We've never reached out to technical support. If we need assistance, we typically look for FortiGate documents or scan their blog site. We handle any problems internally.

We previously used an open-source solution called Elastic.

The initial setup is easy.

We received support from an integrator.

We evaluated AlienVault and SolarWinds. These were both within our limited budget, but we chose FortiSIEM because it integrated seamlessly with FortiGate firewall.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd recommend this solution to companies that have a FortiGate firewall and are on a limited budget.

I'd rate the solution six out of ten.