Google Firebase Review

Offers flexibility of handling and dealing with the database through EDL

What is our primary use case?

We use Firebase as a proof of concept to introduce Apogee functionality in the future. We need to simulate some scenarios using Apogee as a lesson for API management and Firebase is the backend database we use to simulate custom scenarios regarding the customer needs.

We use the public cloud version.

What is most valuable?

I found the flexibility of handling and dealing with the database through EDL to be very useful.

What needs improvement?

Their technical support needs to be enhanced with more support for customers.

They should also improve the monitoring and control for the database to monitor the performance and fine-tuning of the database itself. Automatic detection of potential errors or failures in the database would also be very helpful. For example, I would like to receive notifications for the admin to take appropriate action for database failures.

I've been using this solution for around two months.

Deployment and maintenance requires two or three people for us.

I think it's a rich community, but they should increase the line support of technical issues and get official support to users or customers for Firebase so they can get their answers quickly. Most questions can be answered from the history of other questions and there is a community for all these questions and answers, which helps newcomers to with deployment and maintenance of the Firebase Database.

I was mainly using Oracle Database, which has different concepts for different scenarios, to some extent. Since it's one year old, it's tough to move to the Firebase Database.

I have had a good experience in both Google and Oracle environments and I also have had good experiences in Google constantly, which is a cloud environment, in which you can build a private cloud environment.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took around two or three hours.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Firebase as eight out of ten.