Google Firebase Review

Easy to set up with a user-friendly interface and good documentation

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution for developing SaaS expert system software. I wanted to host it with Google so users can subscribe and then develop online from anywhere. That way my software can run on their server.

What is most valuable?

The Firebase hosting and the automated authentication service, as well as the cloud functionality, are the solution's most valuable features.

The documentation and guides for implementation are very good.

The user interface is very good and easy to navigate.

The solution is easy to upload and overall easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The cold start-up of the cloud function needs to speed up. For me personally, I'm not experienced in anything there, however, I've just read online it's a problem.

I've been using the solution for two months.

I have a lot of confidence in Google because it's a pretty large enterprise and we have been using Google products for a long time. I don't have any fear of failed stability; I have full confidence in their products.

I'm the only one using and testing the solution right now. I'm using it on a daily basis.

I haven't needed technical support and therefore have never contacted them.

I used Jelastic but the pricing was poor. I switched to Google because it is free up to a certain point.

The initial setup is straightforward and very simple. To deploy the solution takes less than an hour.

I simply used the online documentation and step-by-step guide to handle the implementation myself.

The solution is free up to a certain point. You don't have to add your credit card until you exceed the limits allowed.

I did evaluate other options, including Amazon AWS, but I had difficulty. I'd subscribe using my credit card and they'd deduct my money but I would not get any codes to authenticate. After a long time, I was frustrated so I moved to Google.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the latest online version of the solution, which is public cloud-based.

I can develop the solution offline if I like. I go offline to develop the solution and then I'll go online again to test because testing online wastes my time. I do the test of my software offline, but when I want to use the cloud to test I'll jump online.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.