Google Hangouts Review

Reliable group meetings with automatic focus on the speaker

What is our primary use case?

We are using Google Hangouts for video meetings and group chat sessions.

How has it helped my organization?

All of our employees are using this solution and it allows them to easily catch up and keep in touch with each other.

What is most valuable?

What I like best is that once a person starts speaking, you will see immediately who it is.

The group chat is a very good feature, where you can see all of the participants on cameras.

Online sessions are reliable and there are almost no glitches.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more focus on features for interacting with the participants in a group chat, such as screen sharing. This would be great.

Having an option for participants to ask questions, like a "raise hand" feature, would be helpful because as it is now, they have to send a message and I have to watch for it. The message might be private for me or sent to the entire group but either way, I have to watch the list of participants all of the time for these messages.

I have been using Google Hangouts for more than six months.

The reliability is very good because there are almost no glitches.

It is more stable than other products.

We have 130 employees in the company and all of us use Google Hangouts. However, I have only used it for sessions with 12 participants. With this number of people, it was fine.

I have not been in contact with Google's technical support.

I have been working extensively with products like Google Hangouts, Zoom, and Webex to finish various projects. I find that Google Hangouts is more reliable than Zoom. On the other hand, Webex has more features available for interacting with the participants.

We are using the free version of Google Hangouts.

What other advice do I have?

Google