Google Hangouts Review

Excellent voice and video clarity without time lag issues

What is our primary use case?

We use Google Hangouts as our major mode of communication. I'm a senior executive and we're a user of the solution.

What is most valuable?

I like the voice and video calling options because I feel that Google Hangouts has more voice clarity and video clarity than Skype most of the time. It may even be better than Zoom which sometimes lags and tends to crash quite often.

What needs improvement?

I'm not completely happy with the message options in Hangouts because for now it's only possible to send pictures, which is unfortunate because I would also like to be able to send documents and other things. I also think that because we've all become very used to using WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, I think they could also include a reply option.

I sometimes find that the topic that I want to speak to a particular person about, or the topic that we spoke about gets lost among all the words. A reply button would enable me to physically save certain information.

I've been using Google Hangouts for a couple of years.

It's a stable solution. I'm enjoying using it. It's all part of Google, so I'm seldom disappointed.

I believe scalability is excellent. They should continue the way they have been and maybe developing some of the features mentioned earlier but scalability is good.

Like most people, we also use WhatsApp. We've become used to using it for personal and professional purposes. We have lots of groups in our company and among our colleagues where we use WhatsApp for a specific department or specific project. We use both, but I believe Google Hangouts is the perfect place for professionals to come together and work. It's a perfect collaboration space.

What other advice do I have?

I would give this solution a perfect score if they could tweak some of the issues they have such as the messaging. Other than that, I think it's a great product.

For now, I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More Google Hangouts reviews from users