HCL AppScan Review

Offers a few specific development languages but needs more languages and lacks good technical support services

What is most valuable?

The solution offers services in a few specific development languages.

What needs improvement?

They have to improve support. Their support before, when it was IBM, was very good technical support. However, now, it's very bad.

They could add more language coverage. They don't cover so many development languages. They really should be covering more. If they did, it would be a huge improvement.

The technical support is no longer any good. It's gone downhill since they were under IBM. Now, we are no longer satisfied with their level of service and we hope they will improve their services in the future.

I'm currently looking into Checkmarx. I'm evaluating their offering to see how it compares. This product lacks in many areas, and so we are looking at other options.

What other advice do I have?

I don't have information on the relationship HCL has with my company. My understanding is they are just a vendor for us.

In general, I would rate them at a six out of ten. There are many areas in which they could improve, including by adding more languages and re-vamping their technical support. They are lacking in a lot of areas.

More HCL AppScan reviews from users
...who work at a Government
...who compared it with Checkmarx
Find out what your peers are saying about HCL, Micro Focus, Veracode and others in Application Security. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.