HCL Digital Commerce Review

Adaptable, stable with good support, but the integration needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

I am a project manager of these projects.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it allows you to adapt it according to the customer's needs.

What needs improvement?

The product catalog is an area that needs improvement. It is forcing us to look and test other solutions. For example, when the customer has already implemented SAP and they want to get more from the integration, then the choice is SAP. Otherwise, this is a great platform for us.

In the next release, I would like to see the integration improved.

We are in our second year of using HCL Digital Commerce.

The versions used are different from customer to customer. We have only one customer who is using the latest version, which is the 9th.

It's a stable solution.

It could be scalable.

Our customers are enterprise companies.

I have not contacted technical support but my colleagues have and they are satisfied with the technical support.

We are working with SAP Upscale. It's a small product.

The implementation is quite complex. I can't compare it with other products because they don't have the experience.

Definitely, SAP Upscale is a much easier product because they offer much less functionality. For this reason, I should not compare them to each other.

For our companies and our users, the price is quite high. They are looking for other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

As I have not compared it with other platforms, it is difficult to offer an opinion. We have only one other platform, which is SAP Upscale, but you can't compare the two.

Overall, we are satisfied with this product.

I would rate HCL Digital Commerce a seven out of ten.

9th
Find out what your peers are saying about HCL, SAP, Adobe and others in eCommerce Platforms. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.