Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series Review

Customers get one hundred percent availability and its firmware is very compatible

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to monitor the use of products from other vendors. Its firmware is very compatible.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of this solution are the storage system and availability.

What needs improvement?

In the next version, I would like to see more intelligence. I would like to see backup repository, and the Hitachi storage system as the main storage system without any further applications, without any further layers. I need the data protection layer to protect the data at the right time and at the right place.

The solution is stable and highly available. With Hitachi brands, customers get one hundred percent availability on the product.

The technical support and the billing team are all winners. Dell is one brand that provides better technical support for its customers. There are many Dell customers in the U.S. and these customers have really crucial issues that need support. Whenever you call in with an issue, you can rest assured that it will be fixed.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I rate this solution an eight.

My advice to others who are trying to buy all-flash storage would be to go and take a look at the core storage products. I don't mean the hardware part, I mean the software part, in other words, the data protection layer. The storage layer is a broad layer. You have the main storage, you have the data protection of storage and you have the storage networking. All these layers matter and you will need something in the background on the data protection layer to be able to get the data at the other end.