Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series Review

Review about Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this solution is for storage. I have a gateway to H-Net, which is where all my file systems are, and I have all my virtual environments on this solution.

What is most valuable?

It is a very reliable storage solution.

What needs improvement?

I think the management should be improved, because it is not very user-friendly at all. I also think the support could be better - at least for mid-range users. I think historically Hitachi systems are made for really big organizations like banks or insurance companies. Usually those companies have dedicated personnel dealing with the storage. And because they're very valuable clients, their support contracts are much more tailored to their businesses. Since this program is more aimed towards smaller companies, they don't have support solutions for mid-range companies.

I also think that their management is not very user-friendly. If this wasn't the case, more support wouldn't be necessary. It's a very reliable system, but the whole management user interface is very unfriendly. I know they're aware of that. They have a lot of data of management solutions, but none of them yet have reached sovereignty yet.

I have been using Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F for four years now.

More Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform F Series reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, Dell EMC, Pure Storage and others in All-Flash Storage Arrays. Updated: August 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.