Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series Review

Good support, highly reliable, with high capabilities, and is secure

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is as a SAN device for my ERP solution, as well as for my Windows Servers.

What is most valuable?

This is a good product with high capabilities and high reliability.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an audit account set up such that the user can log in, see the configuration, and see the logs, but they cannot make any changes.

We have been using this Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform for one and a half years.

This solution is very stable and in the last one and a half years, we have not faced any issues with it. We are going to continue using it in the future.

This product is pretty scalable. We have approximately 1,200 users who are storing data or using it one way or another.

We had some issues with the creation of partitions and it was taken up by Hitachi and it was resolved immediately. I would say that their support is pretty good.

Prior to this, we were using the IBM V3700 series, and we upgraded from that to the Hitachi.

The installation was straightforward. We faced some issues because of the travel calendar because there is no partner for Hitachi in the North zone. It took some time, but it was pretty good.

An integrator assisted us with the deployment. In total, there were six people involved in setting up the complete configuration. Three of them were from my side, and the other three from the vendor.

The cost price of this product is better than its competitors.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I don't think needs any improvement because I don't see any challenges. I definitely recommend this solution to others.

The security of this solution depends on how it is installed.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

G370
More Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE 3PAR StoreServ
Learn what your peers think about Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform G Series. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.