Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform N Series Review

Good scalability and performance, but needs better usability and more management features

What is our primary use case?

It is unstructured storage. We are using the latest version of this solution.

What is most valuable?

Its scalability and performance are the most valuable. It is quite scalable and has a huge capacity.

What needs improvement?

Its usability can be improved. It can have more management features. Its management tools lack features.

I have been dealing with Hitachi N Series since its release, which happened three years ago.

It is stable.

Its scalability is good. Our customers are medium and big companies.

I have contacted them. They are quite good.

Its initial setup is complex. It is not customer installable. You need to have special training before you can do the installation. You need to get certified and trained, and then you can do the installation. If you're a trained professional, it would probably take a day.

It is expensive. Everything is included in the license. There is no additional cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is pretty on par with the market. I would advise others to speak to the supplier and understand all the features and functions.

I would rate Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform N Series a seven out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Hitachi, NetApp, Dell EMC and others in NAS. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.