HPE ConvergedSystem Review

Great consolidation and duplication features; very easy to manage

What is our primary use case?

We sell Converged to government organizations. In the past year we've been working with the healthcare and education departments. We are partners, resellers and integrators of Converged, primarily a Hewlett Packard enterprise partner. I'm the director of the company.

How has it helped my organization?

This is a beneficial system for organizations. Rather than having a separate processing system and backup system, Converged provides it all in one.

What is most valuable?

The consolidation is an advantageous feature along with the duplications. The product reduces energy required by the system. It's also easy to manage.

What needs improvement?

I think the MTG inside HP could be improved. It would simplify quoting for services. When you get a quote from HP now, they tend to quote separately for services and the product. This makes it difficult to try to quote for the client and to integrate the solution.

For the future, it would be good to see integration with cloud services. Our customers want to share the solution, currently on-premise, to the cloud, and it's sometimes difficult to implement. It would be great if they could bridge the two.

We've been reselling this solution for five years.

It's very easy to scale this solution. Our customers are generally medium enterprise, at least medium for Mexico. They have plans to increase usage.

I think the technical support is excellent.

Our first customer evaluated Nutanix and Converged before going with Converged. HP has an advantage because they have hardware and Nutanix is software. That's the reason the customer preferred to make the fusion with the hardware because it reduced the overhead of the processing. Secondly, HP enables a backup in the same solution, and with Nutanix you have to integrate another product from another software and another vendor.

Initial setup is complex but not because HP is complex, but because the customer has a lot of integrations or components. When a customer buys Converged they have to eliminate the storage, the switch, and other components. It's difficult to implement correctly in that situation. The last implementation we did took a month but an earlier one took three months. Deployment time really depends on configuration.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this solution, I think it's easier to implement Converged than other solutions. The solution doesn't require many people to manage or maintain, or involvement with the infrastructure. That's why I would recommend it. It's easy and that's one of the advantages the customer has when they buy a Converge System, it's easier than an iOS infrastructure.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

More HPE ConvergedSystem reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Dell EMC Vscale Architecture
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, FlexPod and others in Converged Infrastructure. Updated: December 2020.
455,536 professionals have used our research since 2012.