HPE ConvergedSystem Review

Simple to use and helps with consolidation

What is our primary use case?

We are a consulting firm, and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our customers.

The majority of deployments are on-premises. If it is a cloud deployment, then it is a hybrid model.

How has it helped my organization?

Improvements to the organization depend on the customer, but usually, it assists them with consolidation. For example, they're replacing server racks with the converged system because they have too little space to have a rack full of servers.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable components in this solution is HPE Synergy, which is a useful tool for deployments and updates.

This solution is very simple to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better manageability and integration with third-party tools.

I would like to see persistent memory deployed in this solution, as I have not yet seen it in any converged system.

I have been using this solution since it was first released. I have more than twenty years in the industry.

I have never had any problems with the technical support for this solution.

There are several levels of support available. These include simple Foundation care, which basically is a best effort. There is Proactive care, and even Datacenter care, which means you get an appointed account manager and much more rapid response. However, these options are expensive.

The complexity of the initial setup is dependant on the customer. I find that it is quite easy if you have all of the details, such as the IP addresses, raid volumes, and shared disks. The configuration is straightforward, although sometimes you have a complex scenario and you really have to tweak.

This is an expensive system and not every customer has the kind of budget to support it.

What other advice do I have?