HPE Nimble Storage Review

The storage is now able to support the required IOPs for all of our applications. We've yet to determine whether it will scale.

What is most valuable?

• The product is easy and quick to implement
  • Licensing is easy to understand and doesn’t require a license for each feature that they offer
  • SSD for cache
  • Great technical support
  • Monitoring of components and quick replacements if they fail
  • Can update firmware and OS without taking SAN offline

How has it helped my organization?

The organization is now able to take advantage of the benefits offered by virtualization such as vMotion. The storage is now able to support the required IOPs for all of our applications.

What needs improvement?

I haven't come across any so far.

I've used it for 10 months.

No issues encountered.

The product has been extremely stable so far.

We have not yet had the need to scale.

10/10.

10/10.

Prior to this, we were using storage on our servers.

It was very straightforward. The initial setup can be completed in less than hour as long as all of the network configurations have been completed.

It was in-house.

Price is comparable to other vendors’ products in the same class. The licensing is extremely easy to understand compared to some of the other vendors. Nimble doesn’t require separate licenses for each feature that they offer.

• EMC
  • EqualLogic
  • NetApp

What other advice do I have?

Nimble offers solid products, are very easy to implement, and offer great performance.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners.
More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users
...who compared it with Pure Storage FlashArray
1 Comment

author avatarChris Childerhose
ExpertTop 5Real User

Nice review and I have to agree that Nimble is a great product. We use 8 of their arrays and typically don't have any performance issues at all. Mind you most are older models which we are looking to replace potentially with some all flash.