HPE Nimble Storage Review

It is easy to set up, easy to use, and reliable.

What is most valuable?

• Ease-of-use: You don't have to be a storage expert to navigate and set up the product.
  • Reliability: If there are any issues with the product, their support team calls me before I even notice that there is an issue. They're very proactive.

How has it helped my organization?

With our previous storage product, I would probably spend 2-4 hours a week managing it, logging, checking on things, and fixing issues. Since we've switched to Nimble, I probably spend an hour a month doing various maintenance tests. It has greatly reduced the amount of handling that our storage requires.

What needs improvement?

Third-party integrations: A lot of products tend to come out and support NetApp, EMC, and various other storage managers. Nimble tends to be lagging behind in that space, and it's not completely their fault, but I think they could do a better job pushing for those integrations with various third-party products.

We have used the solution for a little over two years.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues, as it's very scalable.

The level of technical support is 10/10.

We were on NetApp previously. It was too cumbersome to manage. Their support was atrocious, and they were really expensive.

The setup was the easiest thing I've ever done in my life. We had it unboxed, uncrated, racked, and connected to VMware in probably two hours, tops.

Their pricing window was more straightforward than in traditional storage. They have basically guaranteed maintenance pricing. In years four, five, six, and beyond, they don't force you to upgrade like some of the other vendors.

The license is straightforward and it's all inclusive. There's no need to buy different license keys to get access to certain features. What you pay for, and you pay one price, you get it all.

We looked at everybody on the market.

What other advice do I have?

Don't be hesitant, and trust their technology, because it works. Just because they don't have the market share of NetApp and EMC, isn't a reason to overlook them.

More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users