HPE Nimble Storage Review

Easy to set up with good performance and reliability

What is most valuable?

The performance and reliability are excellent. Due to the fact that we are a provider, we need systems which just run and run and run the whole day and the whole night without issue. This product does just that. We are selling services, and therefore we need a system which works 24/7.

The initial setup is very easy.

The stability is very good.

The scalability is straightforward.

What needs improvement?

There is a new version of the Nimble and 3PAR systems called Alletra and they have a lot of new features. We have to check and have to give them a read, however, at the moment, there are some new features with cloud connections. It's a feature that they haven't finished yet. There's the possibility to move the workload to the cloud and back. At the moment, they don't really need any improvements.

I've been using the solution for around 20 years. It's been two decades. I've used it for a long while at this point.

The stability is great. It just keeps running without issue. There are no bugs or glitches. It does not crash or freeze. It is quite reliable.

The scalability is great. It scales in every direction.

While the technical support isn't good every single time, for the most part, we are happy with it.

They could improve their services a bit. If you have some easy problems, for example, if a hard drive fails or something like that, that's not a problem for them to deal with. However, if you have strange problems related to performance issues or something like that, sometimes it's difficult to find the right person. In most cases, we are happy with the support.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not very complex or hard to do. If a company needs to set it up, it can do so with very little difficulty.

We are certified partners. We know exactly how to set up the solution and can do so for our clients if they need assistance.

What other advice do I have?

We are an HPE partner. We also use it as customers and end-users.

Right now, we use the HPE 3PAR 8000 systems, we use Nimble systems, and we also sell some systems like Primera.

I'd recommend the solution to other companies.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We're mostly quite happy with the product.

More HPE Nimble Storage reviews from users
...who compared it with HPE Primera
Learn what your peers think about HPE Nimble Storage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.