HPE StoreOnce Review

Powerful compression and deduplication capabilities, highly scalable, and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are the system integrators based in Qatar and this is one of the products that we provide to our customers as a backup solution.

The primary use case is for data backup, mostly for virtualization infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the deduplication and compression capabilities. Also, in terms of performance and recovery, it has good capabilities.

It's a simplified product, more or less with plug-and-play capabilities. It has three flavors of integration being storage, NAS storage, and a backup system. These components are vital and with this product, it's like having three in one box.

It can be paired with the Veeam backup software.

What needs improvement?

Pricing could be reduced

The GUI and its user-friendliness have some room for improvement.

From a technical point of view, it's a stable solution.

HPE StoreOnce has the highest scalability in the market. It is very good compared to products such as Dell Data Domain.

I am satisfied with the technical support.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

Price-wise, it comes with a high price tag when compared to other products.

What other advice do I have?

HPE has CloudBank capabilities. For example, it has 1.7 petabytes of CloudBank storage. For anyone who is looking for a long-term archive, as well as a backup solution, this is the ideal product. It comes with a three-year warranty and it's stable when it comes to base start-up solutions.

This solution offers both on-premises and public cloud deployments. If the customer needs on-premises backup then it is capable of that, or if the customer requires long-term retention, for example, five years, or for ten years, then they can keep the data in an archive system such as cloud backup or cloud volumes.

Overall, it's a very good product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

It's an on-premise deployment and can be scalable to public cloud.

More HPE StoreOnce reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC Data Domain Boost
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Veritas and others in Deduplication Software. Updated: July 2021.
523,372 professionals have used our research since 2012.