HPE StoreOnce Review

​We wanted to restore the files we backed up, and on three occasions we were not able to.

How has it helped my organization?

It provided us help at a time when we needed a lot of storage quickly. It provided us that storage and it was really easy to deploy. Needless to say, we were very happy with that.

What needs improvement?

We're actually not happy with StoreOnce because we had to delete our backups three times. HP support was unable to recover them. We can't even log in to fix the problem ourselves. There was no indicator or any type of system alert that we would not be able to recover the files. We only figured that out once we couldn't backup anymore. When we tried to do a restart, it was not accessible.

We've had no issues with deployment.

The stability improved as they released updates and patches for the software.

It's a good product to scale out because we can just buy more appliances and then we'll easily have more space.

Technical support is OK. When we determined that we couldn't recover the data in our StoreOnce, HP support said we should copy everything to another StoreOnce while fixing the defective one. We didn't have a spare StoreOnce, so this suggested fix was disappointing.

We used ArcServe GPT, but we didn't have enough space for traditional servers and ProLiant disks.

The initial setup was straightforward. That's the idea of the product -- straightforward to implement.

What other advice do I have?

We wanted to restore the files we backed up, and on three occasions we were not able to, and this got us in a lot of trouble, so I don't think I will take this risk again. Use something else.