HPE StoreOnce Review

It's very stable. It gives us full-system backups, meaning we need less storage capacity.

Valuable Features

StoreOnce gives us full-system backups, meaning we need less storage capacity. This is very important to us because less storage capacity means we buy less hardware and have less overall costs.

Improvements to My Organization

Not only do we need less storage capacity, but it also performs backups a lot quicker. We save money this way as well because it saves us time which can be better spent elsewhere.

Room for Improvement

Although we're very happy with it right now, the encryption could be better. Security of our backups, of course, is very important.

We have no issues with deployment.

It's very stable. We've only had one small problem since the implementation.

We're not using anywhere close to what we have. We've designed it to allow for our five-year growth. We're not there yet.

We try to avoid technical support because it's "entertaining", though I'd use different words to describe it.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Implementation Team

HP implemented the solution, but it's fine if you go at it on your own. The thing is, if you run into problems, then you have to deal with HP support, which is something I wouldn't advise anyone to do.

We are a BAU house, so our focus is on keeping the business running. We don't have the skill set of an American architect who scoped out the project. We've partnered with an HP partner who does have the skill set once we purchased StoreOnce.

Other Advice

Make sure you run a proper POC. It's a pretty straightforward solution so long as it's configured right from the start.