HPE StoreOnce Review

Compression and replication are the features of this product that are the most valuable to me.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We moved from MSL and VSL, building a number of virtual libraries with different LTO formats and removing hundreds of physical tapes that we replaces with virtual replicated tapes.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see improvements regarding segmentation or the size limitations per library.

I have used this solution for 15 months.

Segmentation was one of the requirements. The HP team promised us that it is possible, but it wasn't available.

Technical support is excellent.

We previously used MSL and VSL, and we moved to this product because it supports virtualization (D2D).

Initial setup was very simple.

We implemented it in-house. I think the solution was easy to implement using HP Data Protector 8.01 at the beginning. The tricky part is the upgrades. I recommend upgrading the FW to latest the stable release before configuring.

The price is good.

If you are going to replicate, buy the two-way license.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend this product.

4700
More HPE StoreOnce reviews from users
...who compared it with Dell EMC Data Domain Boost
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Dell EMC, Veritas and others in Deduplication Software. Updated: May 2021.
510,204 professionals have used our research since 2012.