HPE StoreOnce Review

User-friendly with good deduplication and compression capabilities

What is our primary use case?

We are an IT integration company and this is a solution that we sell to our customers.

This solution is used for backing up data related to both central customers and branch customers.

Our experience is with an on-premises deployment model.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are deduplication and compression.

This is a user-friendly solution.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see an emphasis placed on making data deduplication and compression more powerful.

We have four years of experience with this solution.

This is a stable solution.

The is an easy solution to scale.

We have had experience with technical support for this solution. Normally, we will contact them to discuss compatibility with a customer's environment. The support for this solution is the best in our country.

The initial setup of this solution was complex because our customer's solution was complex. It consisted of a backup solution, a server, and storage, which together made for complex infrastructure.

The deployment took approximately one month.

Two people are required to perform maintenance.

One of our engineers performed the deployment of this solution for our customer.

The solution that we suggest to our customers depends on their infrastructure. For example, if they have HP infrastructure then we propose HPE StoreOnce, but if they have a Dell Infrastructure then we might propose Dell EMC Data Domain. Normally, if they have a Microsoft Infrastructure then we propose this solution. These two solutions are similar in terms of pricing.

What other advice do I have?

HPE does not have a backup solution because they sold it to Micro Focus. It would be better if they had all of the components including the server, storage, and backup.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.