HPE Superdome X Review
Enables you to run Windows, Red Hat, or VMware in a mission critical server

How has it helped my organization?

Availability. Basically it's availability, in a product that can handle the workload. It has features that will give the most uptime possible for applications.

What is most valuable?

Reliability.

More than five years.

Stability is the point. It's a product that will give you better uptime compared to traditional servers. It has features for making it that way.

It's basically for large business, enterprise. You look at the scaleof big databases that are the core of the business, for example, for core banking or a billing system in a telco company. A SAP implementation. That's the kind of application.

It's very nice. They pay a lot of attention, obviously, to this kind of implementation. The customer that buys Superdome is a very valuable client, so they pay special attention, normally.

Superdome X is a system that can compete in terms of performance and uptime, but it's now standard. That is the great value. There are competitors like IBM, for example, but IBM has a propietary operating system. With Superdome X, you have a system that can run Windows, Red Hat, or VMware which are standard applications and operating systems, but in a mission critical server.

What other advice do I have?

I've been working with this product since the first version, the Superdome, the original one that was based on Itanium HP-UX. Basically, it was based on a RISC processor and HP-UX; then the Superdome 2 and now Superdome X. And I'm willing to work with the new Superdome Flex.

The way that the product itself evolved is making it more standard. So the Superdome X, and now the Superdome Flex, make it x86-compatible so you can deploy standard applications. It's not a proprietary system, but it has all the features that it had in the legacy systems, like the original Superdome or other similar product from the competitors.

In terms of how I rate it, you're putting the "sales" hat on me. I rate it a 10 out of 10. It's an amazing product, an amazing technology, that has the best of that world: performance and uptime, and  standardization. So I believe that is the way to go for enterprise customers.