HPE System Management Review

Good management and monitoring of servers and very good stability

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution throughout our company. We have distributed architecture and we have around 40 branches in India. We have a combination of servers such as HPE and Dell. Whenever we have HPE servers, we are using HPE System Management to manage them.

We are basically using the solution for managing and monitoring the servers as well as handling remote support and manage the centralized server management team using the provided support. All of it is a decentralized implementation. We're monitoring the servers, setting notifications, remove keys, connecting, tracking, etc.

What is most valuable?

The managing and monitoring are the solution's most valuable features. They are something I find quite helpful in my work.

Overall the solution is quite good.

What needs improvement?

For now, for us, the solution is quite complete. I'm not sure of other features that are lacking that we would need to handle what we do on the solution.

If the solution could provide better integration to make it easier to manage everything on different servers, that would be helpful. Whatever servers a company has, be it IBM, Dell, etc., if the System Management could be a platform that links all of them together, it would make management across different server types easier.

I've been using the solution for the past three or four years.

The stability of the system is quite good and it's meeting our current needs quite well. We haven't experienced any crashes, bugs or glitches that would make us question the stability of the system.

The scalability is very good. It's met our needs so far, and we haven't had any trouble expanding as needed.

If we have hardware issues, we tend to reach out to HPE for support.

For us in India, I think the hardware replacement is a little bit slow. It is not as bad as compared to what the rest of India deals with, however. Still, sometimes, the hardware replacement takes a bit longer than we would like.

The initial setup is straightforward. For us, we didn't run into any complexities.

The entire installation took somewhere around two hours in total.

The channel partners that we originally purchased the servers through assisted us with the setup. We were quite satisfied with the results and their assistance.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to other companies would be that they should have a strong understanding of what they need when they are procuring the service pack. They should be conscious of what options they are selecting. HPE has different care packages and different types of service packs. New users need to understand the offerings of each and should be very clear with HPE about what their expectations are and what they want to purchase.

Currently, overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. As far as our HPE servers are concerned, it's providing everything we need.

More HPE System Management reviews from users