HPE System Management Overview

HPE System Management is the #15 ranked solution in our list of top Server Monitoring tools. It is most often compared to Lenovo XClarity Controller: HPE System Management vs Lenovo XClarity Controller

What is HPE System Management?
HP System Management, is a solution that consolidates and correlates fault and performance events across your entire physical and virtual IT infrastructure.

HPE System Management is also known as System Management, Operations Center, HP System Management.

HPE System Management Buyer's Guide

Download the HPE System Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

HPE System Management Customers
Infotec
HPE System Management Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HPE System Management pricing:
  • "The support is yearly-based and the license is permanent."
  • "The price of this product is fair."

HPE System Management Reviews

Dipesh Shah
VP IT & Infrastructure Head at EDUSPARK INTERNATIONAL PVT LTD
Feb 17, 2020
Good management and monitoring of servers and very good stability

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution throughout our company. We have distributed architecture and we have around 40 branches in India. We have a combination of servers such as HPE and Dell. Whenever we have HPE servers, we are using HPE System Management to manage them. We are basically using the solution for managing and monitoring the servers as well as handling remote support and manage the centralized server management team using the provided support. All of it is a decentralized implementation. We're monitoring the servers, setting notifications, remove keys, connecting, tracking, etc.

• "The managing and monitoring are the solution's most valuable features. They are something I find quite helpful in my work."
  • "If the solution could provide better integration to make it easier to manage everything on different servers, that would be helpful. Whatever servers a company has, be it IBM, Dell, etc., if the System Management could be a platform that links all of them together, it would make management across different server types easier."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to other companies would be that they should have a strong understanding of what they need when they are procuring the service pack. They should be conscious of what options they are selecting. HPE has different care packages and different types of service packs. New users need to understand the offerings of each and should be very clear with HPE about what their expectations are and what they want to purchase. Currently, overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. As far as our HPE servers are concerned, it's providing everything we need.
Geno Genov
Technical Director at Paraflow Communications Ltd.
Reseller
Feb 9, 2020
Stable, easy to deploy, and the dashboard gives us full management capability

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers. This solution allows for the simple configuration of blades or rack-mount servers with a small SAN.

• "The interface is in continuous development and improves version by version."
  • "Our customers would like to see the price lowered."

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it. However, I never rate anything a ten out of ten because there is always room for improvement. In this case, the price can be lowered a little bit. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lenovo, Tanium and others in Server Monitoring. Updated: January 2021.
456,495 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer1248522
Team Lead of Endpoint Solutions Management at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Jan 18, 2021
Good security aspects, stable, and the support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for server management and also some security aspects.

What needs improvement?

The return on investment report is too difficult to understand. The indication with the new order is in need of some new ideas.

I have been using HPE System Management for 20 years.

The product is stable but it depends on what you need.

I would think that scalability is high.

I have contacted technical support and I used to work in that department, so I would say that they are good.

What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and

Carlos Teixeira
Owner at etailor
Reseller
May 31, 2019
Predictive analysis and other features have helped us to improve our efficiency

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for managing our hypervisor-based Datacenter.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization through the provision of efficient resource utilization and capacity planning.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is the Forecasting feature.

What needs improvement?

The quality of service and support for this solution needs to be improved.

Eight years.
Product Categories
Server Monitoring
Download our free Server Monitoring Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lenovo, Tanium, and more!