IBM API Connect Review

We know that our implementer had some problems while implementing the platform but IBM responded very quickly and professionally.

What is most valuable?

The most important feature is, for sure, the security gateway. But if we think commercially, the possibility for easily creating and exposing service plans and charging is also valuable.

How has it helped my organization?

We are planning the usage possibilities of API management inside our company, and outside, as well. Plenty of our web services are spread throughout various enterprise infrastructures and we want to control them in a better way with this tool. Of course, the valuable part outside the company is possibility for tracking and exposing telco services, as well as a commercialization aspect, through a developer community.

What needs improvement?

We have no suggestions so far.

After six months testing the platforms we now have a preparation period for commercial usage. The platform is technically ready for use. We are using a Data Power XG45 v6.0.0.4 as the gateway layer alongside API Management.

No issues encountered.

We have no such information so far.

We know that our implementer had some problems while implementing the platform but the main vendors technical support (IBM) responded very quickly and professionally.

No, we didn't. This is our first tool with this functionality.

Initial setup is very simple. Later implementation is a little bit complex (disagreement of reference in documentation, different recommended OS versions for additional parts of the environment etc.)

The implementation team did it with the support of a main vendor team. They have high level of expertise.

No we didn't. Maybe ESB (Enterprise Service Bus which we already use) is one of the solutions for exposing different kind of web or other services for sharing usage data but we realized that API management will be more useful for our wider purposes.

What other advice do I have?

It's a good solution with a simple user interface. It has many different possibilities as a business solution.