IBM API Connect Review

Makes APIs available across different verticals in the company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is to have the APIs available across different verticals in the company. IBM API Connect provides that capability for us, so as to expose the services as APIs.

How has it helped my organization?

It provides the use of services at a faster delivery; that's the main, important thing. It is less cost-effective.

What needs improvement?

We are evaluating the current capabilities. We have other products such as the IBM WSRR and we are trying to see how it fits with the IBM API Connect. So, we are just trying to evaluate it right now.

It needs to improve so that we can be successful in the company, as well grow the API footprints in the company.

We are using it for the last six months, so we haven't yet gone into production. We are hoping it will be a very stable solution.

Right now, it's not heavily used. So, we intend to use it in the next year.

Initial setup was very straightforward and not complex.

We looked at other solutions, namely Apigee. However, we didn't choose them; we are not taking it.

We have a lot of other IBM products, so it is much easier for us to have one vendor instead of multiple sets of products.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it.

We are using the IBM WSRR solution for service-oriented active services. The API Connect is for lightweight services and obviously for customization purposes. We work with IBM a lot, so they recommended to us to go with the IBM API Connect solution because it is the future. That is why we have chosen the API Connect.

The main criteria while selecting a vendor is support, i.e., after we go live and not just from the product. A stable support customer trust factor is also a very important factor and that is why we have a lot of IBM products.

More IBM API Connect reviews from users
...who compared it with 3scale API Management
Learn what your peers think about IBM API Connect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
513,091 professionals have used our research since 2012.