IBM API Connect Review

It gives a holistic environment for us to set up APIs. We have asked for improved scalability and other features related to API setup and security.

What is most valuable?

It gives a holistic environment for us to set up the APIs and that's the main value that it adds. It gives end to end for us.

How has it helped my organization?

We moved from another manager to this one and latency has improved a lot. It has improved the latency response by maybe 20-25%.

What needs improvement?

In fact, we have had a discussion with IBM and it's agreed upon that they would give us the features that we have asked for, just in three months. We have asked IBM for scalability and for some other features that we wanted. We had a dialogue with them and in the end, they have agreed to provide us with features related to API setup and security. They agreed to give it to us in three months, so we are happy.

In regards to the stability, we are new to it, so it is OK right now. We haven't put much into it yet.

The scalability we have not tested yet; we are testing it now as we speak.

We do use technical support and are in constant contact with them. They are very good.

Previously, we were using Layer 7. The reason as to why we decided to switch solutions was because the current environment was not working for us.

I was involved in the installation process to some extent. I am from architecture, so usually the infrastructure team would be involved.

There are several other solutions that we evaluated but it depends on the capability that we are looking at.

Initially, we started off with one solution and then, moved on to another, as we found out that it's not helping us.

We do several things before selecting a vendor. It's not in my purview, but we do the product evaluation as well. Obviously, IBM is a big vendor and we are a big shop of IBM.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it!

Getting a perfect rating depends on the product and how they give us support or not. We haven't gutted it, thoroughly. It is in production, but it's not perfected. Maybe in six months or more, we'll know more about it.