IBM API Connect Review

We're using it to replace the old version. What we look for most is security.

What is most valuable?

It provides a few features such as security and discoveries.

How has it helped my organization?

What we look for most is security. API Connect can provide that. On top of that we use it to replace the old version. The current WSR was for discovery, the web service.

What needs improvement?

Additional features probably will be easier to develop. Right now the UI is using quadruples. On the policy, they are using SSLT, but I would like them to convert that SSLT to use scripting language instead.

We just started. We are converting from the old infrastructure to the new API Connect. We started maybe a year ago, but we'll see the results maybe in six months.

I think the scalability is pretty good. The API Connect divides by different zones, different domains. So how we can scale depends on organizations. If it is big, we make it big and if it is small, we make it small. It's pretty easy to use.

We used the support quite a bit, because we have to transfer the old WSR into API Connect without rewriting everything. With that transfer or migration, it takes a lot of work, so we talk with technical support. They are pretty knowledgeable, but we still have to go through many iterations, many cycles to get all the technical information out.

Beforehand there was the older generation of API Connect. API Connect came out maybe two years ago, before that was WSR combined with data power. They are going to retire WSR. WSR is also for my VN. That became AP Connect so we had to move.

I wasn't involved in the initial setup process.

I would think customer service and trust are important when deciding which vendor to choose. IBM, Oracle, and Microsoft were on our evaluation list. We've been with IBM for many years now, so we'll stay with IBM. We work very closely with IBM on their product and they're very good support, so when we run into issues, they are there to help.

What other advice do I have?

I think IBM is very innovative and maybe that will give them an edge into their industry.

More IBM API Connect reviews from users
...who compared it with 3scale API Management
Learn what your peers think about IBM API Connect. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.