IBM API Connect Review

A very scalable cloud solution but it should be more cloud-based

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution for the regulation of open banking.

What needs improvement?

It still does not support open API 3. Another problem is the designer. I want the whole solution to be on the cloud. For the installation, I have to install locally. There are many improvements it needs if I want to implement a MockServer or sandbox. In the future, I hope it will be more intuitive for building a MockServer.

In the next version, I don't know if they've already been included it or not, but the designer and all the tools should be on the cloud. I don't want any external installation or local installation. The old designer should be less complex and more simple or intuitive for you to search as well.

I've been using the solution for a few months.

I found the solution to be stable.

The solution is very scalable because it's on the cloud, adding more resources to improve redundancy or performance is simple and configurable.

I've found technical support to be very good.

The initial setup was not as straightforward. Deployment takes a few days. You don't need too many people for the deployment and maintenance of the solution.

We were working with IBM for the implementation.

What other advice do I have?

We are testing and I'm working for the Bank of Israel and we have to implement the regulation of the PSD2, the open bank, open banking, open API. We would implement it on API Connect, so it's not a production system, it's just a sandbox.

In terms of advice, I would suggest anyone to verify that the product support is the latest version and to find out the frequency of the new versions of the product itself. I think it's very important to go through a project like this before implementation.

I would rate this solution seven out of ten. I'd like it to be more cloud-based, for the open API 3 because currently all the specifications are published only on the API so you have to downgrade it and then input it into IBM.