IBM Guardium Data Protection Review

Flexible, stable, and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We will primarily use the solution for protecting our database. We're still implementing the product. It's not fully in place just yet.

What is most valuable?

The solution is easy to use.

We've found the solution to be very stable.

The product has proven to be flexible.

The system, overall, is quite reliable.

What needs improvement?

The installation should be a bit easier. It's pretty hard to implement right now.

The solution is very expensive. It's expected, as IBM is known to be pricey. It would be nice if they could make it cheaper.

As we are still in the process of implementing the product, it's hard to discuss the features and what might be missing, or could be added. We need more time with the solution to see how it works or what's missing.

We've only been using the solution for a short time by now. We're in the middle of implementing it. It's likely only been a couple of weeks.

We have found the stability to be quite good. It doesn't crash or freeze. There are no bugs or glitches. Its performance has been very good so far.

The solution is very scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so easily.

Only the administrators really deal with the solution at this time. There are four of us.

We did pay for it, therefore we do plan to continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

Our support is through a third-party service, and not directly through IBM itself.

It's been very good so far. They are helpful and responsive.

We did not previously use another solution before choosing this IBM product.

The installation is not straightforward at all. In fact, it is very, very complicated. We found the process to be quite difficult to handle. The hardest part is the tuning of the system, to make it work right.

The product is expensive, which is what you tend to expect from IBM products. It's not cheap.

What other advice do I have?

We may be using version 11 of the product at this time.

We're still in the process of implementing the solution. It's still quite new to us.

Right now, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten, however, I do need more time to really get to know it to evaluate it properly. I likely need another good six months or so with the solution before I can really rate it effectively.

More IBM Guardium Data Protection reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about IBM Guardium Data Protection. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: April 2021.
479,323 professionals have used our research since 2012.