IBM InfoSphere DataStage Review

Great flexibility with full delivery integration

What is our primary use case?

The most powerful use of this solution is for full delivery integration. Aside from the ETL aspect, it makes data lineage. We are customers of IBM InfoSphere and I'm head of IT integration and finance transformation.

What is most valuable?

The key feature for me is the flexibility this solution offers.

What needs improvement?

The solution is currently lacking virtualization ability. If they were to include it, it could be a good evolution on this framework. I'd like to see an improvement in support and a more customer friendly and knowledgeable support staff.

I've been using this solution for over 20 years.

Scalability is a question of licensing, but it can definitely be done.

Technical support could be better - more knowledgeable and customer friendly.

We outsourced deployment to IBM and didn't have any issues. Implementation took about two weeks. We have between 20 and 30 users in the company and our maintenance is carried out by IBM.

We pay an annual licensing fee.

Yes, we evaluated other tools, and this tool is competing internally with our PySQL development. It's a battle between code and local.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution an eight out of 10.

More IBM InfoSphere DataStage reviews from users
...who work at a Computer Software Company
...who compared it with SSIS
Learn what your peers think about IBM InfoSphere DataStage. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,768 professionals have used our research since 2012.