IBM Rational Performance Tester Review

A solution that supports multiple integrations and offers great technical support

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of the solution are the multiple technologic supports and the multiple integrations with other IBM tools from the same ecosystem.

What needs improvement?

The way the solution was developed to build the components is very poor.

They need to be able to integrate better overall.

They don't have to change the architecture of the solution, but they need to adjust the development aspects to make it easier and more user-friendly for customers.

I've been using the solution for five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is not easily scalable. If you want to extend the solution, you need to purchase a different kind of license. You also have to work with the IBM team to assist in scaling.

Technical support is very good. I'm very satisfied with the assistance we've received so far.

For a rational performance testing solution, the initial setup is very complex. The setup was difficult and the documentation was not very up to date. The documentation is also too simple; it's good for making simple operations, but when the difficulty level is a bit higher, you will need IBM to help you. You can get lost in the process very quickly.

We need between two and five people to maintain the solution.

We implemented the solution using a consultant.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model of the solution.

I'd advise people to understand their needs before implementing. If they have a simple flow, they probably don't need such a complex tool.

I  would rate the solution eight out of ten.