IBM Softek TDMF Review

It very easy to setup and manage unless you have network problems.

What is most valuable?

TDMF has a tunable parameter called CHUNKSIZE that affects many things within the product.

How has it helped my organization?

We were using MS Robo Copy for Data Migration wherein lot of manual efforts were required and it was not suited for large data migrations. TDMF resolved these problems with easy and fast data migrations.

What needs improvement?

There were restrictions when migrating from older to newer versions of Windows. As soon as the target disk is mounted on the higher level of Windows, NTFS file system will automatically be upgraded by Windows and will no longer be compatible with the source system. This means that migration cannot be resumed and a full refresh was needed to re-synchronize the source and target disks.

3 years

Agent Installation fails sometimes for other sites and specific Firewall port needs to be opened between sites to create mobility groups

Mobility Groups crashes sometimes and a re-synchronization were needed

No, It has more than 100 Mobility groups support and each MG can have more than 10 volume pairs

4 out of 5

5 out of 5

Yes, Robo Copy but it is difficult to manage multiple and large data migrations. Also It was not a solution for non Windows platform.

It very easy to setup and manage unless you have network problems.

In-house

Yes, Double Take were evaluated but it did not supported Unix Platforms.

What other advice do I have?

Go Ahead, Its easy and fast to get going with Hetrogenious platform support.