IBM Watson Studio Review

Great features and is easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use Watson Studio with an application we developed for restaurants on the Facebook Messenger platform using Chatbot. It contains many features like making orders and table reservations.

What is most valuable?

Every feature is good in Watson Studio.

What needs improvement?

Improving it just like the features in Google Dialogflow and Small Talk. If these features were also in IBM Watson Studio that would work for us.

I have been using IBM Watson Studio around one year.

In terms of stability - it's stable. As compared to Google Dialogflow it's very stable.

The scalability of IBM Watson Studio is great.

Currently, we have around 100+ clients. There around 1000 users using our platform and starting in the new year we have plans to increase our clients.

We now have a six to seven member team maintaining the program.

In our experience, compared to Dialogflow, they have great support. IBM has great support, so we are certified with IBM also.

We used Google Dialogflow but the setup and running were very complicated. So that's why we moved on to IBM Watson Studio.

The initial set up was very easy, especially as compared to Google Dialogflow.

The deployment does not take much time, around one and a half days. The training takes more time because I have lots of use-cases. It will also take time to train our bot.

I evaluated Google Dialogflow and Amazon. In the end we chose IBM Watson Studio because the training and features in Dialogflow are very complicated.

What other advice do I have?

IBM Watson Studio has great features but the decision making in their decision making feature is less good than other options. If IBM Watson would improve their decision based system, then definitely IBM Watson could perform the role of an AI engine.

More IBM Watson Studio reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Microsoft, Amazon and others in Data Science Platforms. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.