Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

It provides you with audit logs for changes to the database.

What is most valuable?

• Database activity monitoring
  • Web application firewall

How has it helped my organization?

This product has limited attacks to the core tax collection application. It also provides audit logs for changes to the database and gives user account details.

What needs improvement?

None so far.

I've used it for over two years.

I was not around during the implementation, but reports do not show any issues noted.

None so far.

None so far. Our solution has not had bottlenecks so far

Customer service has always been available.

Technical support is rated highly.

Only a firewall was in place before. WAF was needed for web application specific protection as firewalls are not the best solution.

No issues noted in the implementation reports.

A third party vendor was used to implement the product and to get the IT security staff trained.

We have had a high ROI with this product.

Budget for licenses in synch with your financial years, and it's best to have licenses covering over a year so that planning for procurement of new licenses is done earlier. Of course, if you operate in AWS cloud, its much easier to justify as you can pay for three or more years at once.

I am not privy to procurement details, but we use Gartner as a source. Imperva is the sole leader in its field.

What other advice do I have?

Implement this product across all systems running applications as access to one unprotected system can be elevated to a protected one. Also, have reports produced frequently using the tools available in the system and analyze them to know and investigate the sources of attacks the WAF has blocked. That's because they could be internal indicating a compromise or a malicious user within. Ensure that your SharePoint environment is also protected as though it may be internal, attacks can be directed at it.

More Imperva SecureSphere Database Security reviews from users