Imperva SecureSphere Database Security Review

Provides valuable security when it is properly implemented and maintained

What is our primary use case?

My team and I deploy this solution for customers. In Israel, I'm the team leader of the whole Application Security Division.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the database security policy.

What needs improvement?

Technical support for this solution needs improvement.

Eight to ten years.

The stability of this solution depends on the version of the operating system, itself. Often, when a new version of the OS comes out, it is not stable by nature. Once the new patch comes out then it is fixed.

The scalability is dependent on the deployment surface. If you plan for scalability then you will have it. If you are going to a single, or one box solution, then you don't have scalability.

Technical support for this solution is insufficient. If you have a professional then you can handle it, but if you are a regular customer then it is difficult.

We have different solutions in our portfolio, including IBM Guardium and McAfee Sentrigo.

The initial setup of this solution is complex. However, I understand the complexity.

The length of the time it takes for deployment depends on the customer and their environment. It can take up to three months.

We have a team that handles the implementation and deployment of this solution for our customers. I am the team leader.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody implementing this solution is to know what you are doing before deploying. You need to learn the security concept of this product. You need to know what you want to protect, and then learn how to protect it. You cannot just deploy this solution and leave it like that. You need to know how to maintain this product.

Things are being constantly improved in this solution, but there is no such thing as perfect.

I would rate this solution eight out of ten.