Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

Powerful data transformation capabilities and a strong technical support team

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is connecting to the AWS S3 buckets and AWS instances in the cloud, extracting data from on-premises, and pushing it to the cloud. I think that's a perfect use case for Informatica Cloud.

What is most valuable?

I do a quite a lot of data transformations, and the fact that I can do them without changing any of my SQL queries from the code, using the inbuilt tools, is very helpful. Very few tools outside of Informatica have the ability to do that.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see support for more data sources. At this point in time, I'm not sure if they are supporting Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud, but continually adding new data sources is one area that they can improve on.

The deployment could be somewhat simplified. One drawback is that you need a separate server for it. However, from an enterprise point of view, it is worth it because the product is good.

I have been using Information Cloud Data Integration for about one year.

I have had no trouble in terms of stability.

The scalability is quite good.

Informatica has a strong support team and they are very good.

The initial setup is complex. It isn't easy because it needs a separate server of its own.

My understanding is that Informatica is quite expensive compare to other tools that are available in the market.

What other advice do I have?

I am a fan of Informatica and it is definitely a product that I recommend because of its inbuilt capabilities. At the same time, I would like to see more data sources added. Inclusion of support for Azure and Google Cloud would be a game-changer, wherein companies can move their analytics capabilities to the cloud instead of being on-premises.

If you have the money then you should implement it. Otherwise, there are many open-source tools in the market, although you will still have to invest quite a lot in terms of resources because the individual transformations still need to be built.

More Informatica Cloud Data Integration reviews from users