Informatica Cloud Data Integration Overview

Informatica Cloud Data Integration is the #3 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Data Integration tools. It is most often compared to Informatica PowerCenter: Informatica Cloud Data Integration vs Informatica PowerCenter

What is Informatica Cloud Data Integration?
Informatica Cloud Data Integration is a unified and modern user experience across all iPaaS patterns, supported by a meta-data driven, modular, artificial intelligence-based microservices architecture tailored for IT, developers, and business users. It help delivers accessible, trusted, and secure data to facilitate more valuable business decisions and identify competitive advantages. Informatica Cloud Data Integration can help to distribute data warehouse and analytics projects. Features include the following: Deliver integrated and relevant data, Scale with data synchronization and replication, Integrate asset management, Support high-volume workloads, Design cloud mappings and Execute visual data integration flows.
Informatica Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide

Download the Informatica Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2020

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Customers

Chicago Cubs, Telegraph Media Group

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Informatica Cloud Data Integration pricing:
  • "My understanding is that Informatica is quite expensive compare to other tools that are available in the market."

Informatica Cloud Data Integration Reviews

reviewer1282758
Senior Technical Architect at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jun 9, 2020
This is a one-stop shop with everything provided in one platform

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for cloud-to-cloud migration so our clients have all applications and data on their Oracle solutions, and we move it from there to AWS cloud and then to Salesforce. We're an implementation partner with Informatica and I'm the senior technical architect in the company.

• "Whether we need data cleansing or data mastering, we get it all in one platform."
  • "Connectivity could be improved, it can be a little slow."

What other advice do I have?

If cost is not a issue then I would recommend Informatica as the tool of choice. I would rate this product an eight out of 10.
reviewer1351068
BI Consultant at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
May 29, 2020
Powerful data transformation capabilities and a strong technical support team

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is connecting to the AWS S3 buckets and AWS instances in the cloud, extracting data from on-premises, and pushing it to the cloud. I think that's a perfect use case for Informatica Cloud.

• "I do a quite a lot of data transformations, and the fact that I can do them without changing any of my SQL queries from the code, using the inbuilt tools, is very helpful."
  • "I would like to see support for more data sources."

What other advice do I have?

I am a fan of Informatica and it is definitely a product that I recommend because of its inbuilt capabilities. At the same time, I would like to see more data sources added. Inclusion of support for Azure and Google Cloud would be a game-changer, wherein companies can move their analytics capabilities to the cloud instead of being on-premises. If you have the money then you should implement it. Otherwise, there are many open-source tools in the market, although you will still have to invest quite a lot in terms of resources because the individual transformations still need to be built. I would…
Find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: December 2020.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Datgov567
Data Governance & Lineage Product Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Aug 21, 2019
Integrates our applications on our site and cloud but the user experience is complex

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is managing different environments. We have some applications on our site and some applications on the cloud so we use Informatica to integrate everything.

• "The program is stable and scalable."
  • "One area that needs to improve is the user experience because it is very complex. The trial version is very complex so it's not easy to start using the program immediately. You must study the rules first."

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to maintain the program as it is very powerful. I rate this solution a seven out of ten. Not a ten because of the complexness.
Nandha Kumar Thangavelu
Technical Architect at Cognizant
Feb 18, 2020
Great user interface; could be more user friendly with a simplified mapping task

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for the solution has been in some of our smaller pilot projects.

• "The user interface which is very easy to use if we have any problems to solve."
  • "A general improvement in icons and the virtual interface would be good."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this product a six out of 10.
reviewer1447446
Data Analyst at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
MSP
Nov 12, 2020
Stable with a straightforward initial setup and a good user interface

• "The solution's initial setup is quite straightforward."
  • "There may be some types of limitations with the performance."

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with Informatica. We're using the latest version of the solution. I'd recommend the solution to others. Overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
ChristopheFournel
Fondateur at Data Integration Consulting
Reseller
Sep 28, 2019
The data integration features are good and the technical support is fast and effective

What is our primary use case?

We use Informatica Cloud Data Integration mainly for monthly mapping tasks. We work with it on cloud because we help customers to use the solution and to integrate it on their database and on their information systems.

• "The features I find most valuable is the synchronization, verification, functionalities and all the data integration features."
  • "I would also like to have profiling functionalities and quality transformations in the cloud."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I rate this solution an eight. I haven't seen the functionalities of this tool yet. The data quality is good but I still need to test the B2B gateway of the data quality. I would like to have profiling functionalities and quality transformations in the cloud so that I can directly integrate quality transformations inside the cloud. In the next version, I would like to have more tools for monitoring and perhaps also a system dashboard on our homepage.
Brendan Smith
Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Aug 13, 2019
Good for building mockups and tasks

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for integration and development.

• "The most valuable feature is the building of mockups and tasks."
  • "I would like to see more functionality added so that it is a bit closer to how much you can do with Informatica PowerCenter."

What other advice do I have?

For anybody who is implementing this solution, I would say that as long as they've got some kind of experience with ETL, or other Informatic products, then it should be absolutely fine. This is a solution that I recommend. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Product Categories
Cloud Data Integration
Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about Informatica, Matillion, MuleSoft, and more!