Informatica Cloud Data Integration Review

It has no complex software nor does the startup need to be installed. It is easy to share with others.

What is most valuable?

It is a cloud-based solution. This means it has no complex software nor does the startup need to be installed. However, a cloud agent is required.

How has it helped my organization?

Like most cloud-based solutions, it is easy to share with others. For example, let's say I am working on a site and decide to hand-off to another team member. He can essentially pick up where I left off, provided that he has the same set of files.

What needs improvement?

Informatica goes down for maintenance quite a lot due to the upgrades. They also need to improve their security. As an administrator, I could very easily make connections to other people's machines through their agent without their knowledge.

I have used this solution for two years.

There were no stability issues.

There is a slowdown when using the mapping feature. This may be due to the processor's speed or may be a result of the complexity of the browser.

I would give the technical support a rating of 9/10. They are very good, once they are aware of the issues. However, sometimes we need to fill out multiple help desk tickets and give them reminders in order to get an active response.

We are partners with a number of different companies. This is the first cloud-based solution. It serves the client's needs well, as the solution is not overly complex, such as during replication between different databases or systems.

The setup was very straightforward. Once the agent is installed, you can then be up and running.

We work with Informatica to establish the pricing and licensing fees. I personally have not sold this product to clients, but I have been involved with presales and demos.

We chose to be Informatica partners, so we just ended up with this version.

What other advice do I have?

Understand the needs of your organization. I strongly advise an understanding of the Informatica PowerCenter, so as to achieve the full effectiveness of this tool.

For simple replication, it works well. However, there are some other free tools that can also do the trick of replication just as nicely.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Informatica Partners.