Information Builders WebFOCUS Review

Allows decision makers to harness the power of data to make strategic decisions that will advance the goals and objectives of the organization.

What is our primary use case?

The Maryland State Department of Education will be using WebFOCUS to analyze financial data including State appropriation levels and financial performance in educational institutions throughout the State of Maryland. Later, WebFOCUS will be used to predict student actions and school performance among other reporting areas.

How has it helped my organization?

Information Builders allows decision makers to harness the power of data to make strategic decisions that will advance the goals and objectives of the organization. WebFOCUS offers the ability to obtain data in real-time and in a format that can be customized for the intended audience with tremendous ease.

What is most valuable?

The features that I have found the most helpful is the WebFOCUS portal and InfoAssist. The portal allows users to display information in multiple containers that when combined, paint the perfect picture of the organization. InfoAssist places reporting power in the hands of the power user.

What needs improvement?

The service levels are remarkable. The products are great as well. Information Builders should create a way to create predictive models without having to be a statistician.

More than five years.

Because IBI continues to provide its customers with innovative solutions that are in demand, I believe the solution is very stable.

The scalability of WebFOCUS is perhaps the most impressive feature of the solution. WebFOCUS can be used for organizations, both large and small.

We have used Cognos which can be complicated for casual users.

The ROI that I have achieved was approximately $300k in the first year.

The cost is reasonable, the initial setup can be complicated, so FastTrack is suggested.

We've considered Cognos and Tableau.

What other advice do I have?