Infrascale Platform Review

A simple to use solution for backing up our laptops to the cloud

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for backing up our systems to the cloud. Many of the systems being backed up are laptops. We also resell this solution to our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is that it is simple to use.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to limit the bandwidth in cases, for example, where we are uploading the backup. I may want to set it to a maximum of 128kb in the application itself.

I would also like to be able to move from one licensed product to another, and not have to purchase a new license if we want to use additional features. For example, if I wanted to move to the virtual appliance backup and the DR sites, it should be not a new product, but rather something that I can upgrade to and only pay an upgrade fee.

A version for Linux would be an improvement, as we have some users with CentOS and Ubuntu for which we cannot do backups.

We have been using this solution for just less than one year.

This solution is quite stable, and I have had no issues with it.

We have not needed to expand, so I haven't had issues with scalability. We have approximately fifty users.

Prior to using this solution, we were using Acronis. We switched to see what the performance and functionality would be like with this solution.

This solution is simple to set up.

Our licensing fees are billed every four months.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody researching this type of solution is to consider what it is that you need to have backed up. I would recommend this solution for those who are backing up documents for Windows or Mac. However, for Linux machines, this solution will not work. It only works with virtual appliances.

The experience that we have had with this product is generally good. We've been able to restore files when we've needed to. The problem is that sometimes you can use a lot of the bandwidth to upload files. I don't know what the compression is like, compared to others, but I've seen it slow down our connection a bit when it does backups.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Reseller.
More Infrascale Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with Acronis Backup
Find out what your peers are saying about Infrascale, datto, Veeam Software and others in Cloud Backup. Updated: January 2021.
455,962 professionals have used our research since 2012.