Intel Server System Review

Uses well known architecture and it's easy to develop for

What is most valuable?

The price is competitive and it uses well known architecture and it's easy to develop for.

How has it helped my organization?

It's a standard server so it's a backbone of some of the services.

What needs improvement?

Since it's so standard, I think the price would the most important factor for improvement, for management to purchase it.

It's stable.

We have to scale it ourselves but it scales. It depends on the software because it's mostly the hardware platform that Intel is managing.

Technical support is average.

What made us switch was just the passage of time. The hardware platform changes over time, so you need to upgrade every two to 10 years.

Straightforward.

Actually we used a mixture of several vendors. HP being more mainstream, Intel for only a few of the side servers that I was involved in. The price among them was competitive.

What other advice do I have?

The most important criteria when selecting a vendor are stability and support, management and price.

It's a well known, large company and the support is known to be available. However, I give it five out of 10 because, although they're well known, the system isn't really advanced compared to some of the competitors.

Price-wise, it's okay.