IQ Bot Review

Efficient at categorizing the different data types and formats

What is our primary use case?

We used IQ BOT for document processing. It was semi unstructured data from the farms and some of the reports that were coming in. We were scanning them and then reading out the details and format and incorporating that in another application.

What is most valuable?

A very important feature is the efficiency with which it was able to categorize the different data types and the format. Also, the OCR was good. The efficiency of the optical connector reader or OCR was good enough for our usage.

What needs improvement?

It's not necessarily the IQ bot but the Automation Anywhere as a whole, I find it slightly complicated to use as compared to a product like Uibot. I would say it's not intuitive from a user standpoint. This leads to a specific specialist to be part of the team to work on it. Because otherwise business processes are best understood by the business people and the IT applications are better understood by the IT people. But when it comes to these kinds of automation, it is the business people that should be able to do it on their own. For that, it has to be intuitive. So that is one key concern that I found. It's not that intuitive for a person to work on it. The learning curve is quite high. However, adding the layers of UI would not mean add in a lot of layers of abstraction because that also adds a problem. The flexibility drops. The machine learning techniques like we have for these bots are slightly limited as of now. Maybe they're already extending it or maybe in the latest version that I have not used will provide extensive machine learning algorithms that can be integrated with the bot. But that was my only space which I see that could be better. Very soon features would be more, on a large number or more machine learning algorithms and specifically there is what we are researching right now, ourselves, with is machine learning. But, there is a subset of it which is self-learning. Self-learning is going to be a key aspect because as we start automating the processes, the processes also evolve and sometimes we need to read deep parts instead of that, there should be the capability of self-learning algorithms available. However, it's easier said than done and I can understand it's very difficult. But that is the key piece which I would like to see do better right now.

We have used IQ BOT for a few months.

In the end, I believe IQ BOT is a very stable product.

I think IQ BOT is scalable.  If I had to rate it, then I would put the rate of 4.5 stars out of five. So it was good enough.

The technical support is good. It is very good, in fact. They're quite reactive. They were able to help us out. So I have no complaints. I have nothing negative to say about them.

When I joined this part of the team, they were already using Automation Anywhere. In our previous teams, we were using UI BOT and in fact, in the team that I was working with a few months ago was also using UI bot.

I was not involved in the initial setup, so I cannot tell you about that. But in my experience, it was not complicated. It was easy. I know the setup but I was not involved in this particular setup here.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that IQ BOT Automation Anywhere was one of the leaders in the industry. Still is, and I think we initially invested a lot on Automation Anywhere and that's why we continued using it. However, it doesn't mean that Automation Anywhere doesn't have the caliber yet. It has a very strong capability set. And that was perhaps the reason why we went for Automation Anywhere. I would recommend it. It has been a good pleasure using the product. I would rate it eight on. a scale of ten. The reason is the intuitiveness and the second one is the range of machine learning algorithms that, when I was using it, was not there.

More IQ Bot reviews from users